Presbyterian Women (PW) offers meaningful ways for women to live out their faith in the midst of a caring community. For more than 200 years Presbyterian Women’s groups have strengthened the Presbyterian Church and played a major role in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.
Northmont’s Presbyterian Women actively serve Christ in a multitude of ways:
- Care Baskets: PW makes and delivers care baskets to home-bound church members.
- Northmont Delivers: PW monthly prepares and delivers a meal to home-bound church members.
- The Knitters, a.k.a. Knit-wits: This knitting group of women meets on Wednesday in the Mangochi Room as 9:30am. It is sponsored by PW as part of its missional outreach. Knitters fashion clothing for Bethlehem Haven, Children’s Hospital and 15 charitable organizations.
- Project Linus: This PW outreach group fashions hand-made blankets for seriously ill children throughout the region. Project Linus meets the first and third Friday morning of each month at 9:30am.
- Funeral Receptions: PW caters meals for church members and their families following memorial services for their loved ones.
- Flea Market: PW organizes a community wide flea market early in May that offers toys, household items, books, games, jewelry, antiques, linens, china, curtains, crafts, holiday items, baked goods, and more.
- Harvest Dinner: PW prepares a Thanksgiving feast for the community with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberries, and pumpkin pie.
- Christmas Luncheon: PW hosts and annual luncheon during the Christmas season. This event attracts women from neighboring Presbyterian congregations who share PW’s commitment to mission.
- Lunch Bunch: A women’s fellowship from PW, Lunch Bunch meets at various area restaurants.
- Dinah’s Book Club: A women’s book review group, sponsored by PW, meets at 9:20am in the Mangochi Room on the second Saturday of every month except July and August.
- Sarah’s Circle: Sarah’s Circle is a wonderful group of women who enjoy studying the Bible together. No need to be a member of Northmont! Just come enjoy fellowship and conversation. This group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 9:30am in the Berean Room.
PW also sponsors two church-wide offerings annually for international mission.